We provide friendly, informal group tuition for children aged between 8 (by the 1st May), and 16 years old. Tuition is given by a team of experienced club members on a voluntary basis. The Juniors learn to sail Optimists, Fevas, Picos and Fusions, depending on their ability, with full safety cover on Friday evenings stretching from May all the way to September.
These sessions are a fabulous opportunity for children to acquire the skills of sailing and seamanship whilst having fun on the water. The sessions are open to all youngsters regardless of experience.
- Junior Sailing takes place every Friday evening between 17.45 and 20.00.
- Please be punctual to maximise time on the water.
- Juniors must register on arrival with the Land Crew and sign out before leaving, accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- Juniors must wear a correctly fitted Life Jacket or Buoyancy Aid and protective footwear at all times. They should also come in swimming gear underneath wet suits as capsizing drills are carried out!
- Plenty of warm clothing should be brought each week, including windproof and/or shower proof jacket a change of clothes and shoes.
- No boat is allowed to sail unless the Rescue Boat is in attendance.
- All Juniors must be prepared to enter the water for capsize drill, and be able to swim.
- The pontoon is out-of-bounds to Juniors unless accompanied by an adult.